Building your own dream house in the area, you always wanted is a big step in everyone’s life. From Mahogany doors to a jacuzzi in your backyard, one has a million things running in their mind for their new home. The excitement and anticipation of building your own house with Builder in Eastern suburbs.
One aims for perfection and no compromise when planning their house. But there is one factor that is extremely important in deciding the future of your house, and it can either exceed your expectations or shatter them. So what is this factor which will dictate the fate of your house?
Your choice of builder will either make or break your house. The strength and durability of your future home entirely depend on the builder you hire. Following are the duties of a builder:
- Get permissions
- Plan and manage the building process
- Coordinate with subcontractors
Things To Consider While Prospecting For A Builder!
Now a question might arise in your mind, How to find the perfect builder for your dream house? Follow the next steps, and you will find out.
- Research: The best way to get honest feedback is through word of mouth. Ask your friends, family and neighbours for recommendations. Visit some construction sites where projects are ongoing and chat with the workers since they work in that field; they might have the knowledge and an association with some builders.
- Verify credentials: The essentials for a builder are licence, registration and insurance. The least they should have is Home warranty insurance along with public liability insurance. Various sites on the internet verify a builder’s credentials and check if they’re registered. Do not panic if the builder’s contract is only a phone number on some websites; it does not reflect their work.
- Communication: The most important part of the entire house-building process is communication. Checking their communication skills is a must. Are they communicating clearly? Are their answers satisfactory? How are their manners? Do they respond on time? Are they calling back when they said they will? If they cannot communicate properly with you before signing them, the chances of them doing it right after are slim.
- Estimate cost: A dozen builders offer ‘free tenders’ and the most inexpensive deals, which might be tempting. But there is a twist, the cheapest isn’t always the best option because they recover the money you think you saved in ways you can’t imagine, and you spend way more than the budget you planned. Hence paying for the tender might actually be beneficial as they will conduct investigations in your block, run soil tests and perform contour surveys. The best solution for not getting tricked is by asking for a fixed cost. You can compare them easily and manage your budget if they provide an all-inclusive cost.
- Multiple options: As most builders buy their material in bulk, there is a higher chance of you getting common options. Hence it is important to check the options they are providing. They should also provide proper floor and room plans that accommodate your requirements. They should also provide extra features that are unique to your needs. If they understand your vision and can prioritise your comfort and convenience, then they are the ones.
If you own the property, then you are allowed to build or renovate your own house in Australia. However, taking such a humongous responsibility on your head is not a great idea, especially if you stay in the Eastern suburbs where the bar for beautiful houses is set extremely high.
So hire a perfect builder by following the above steps and watch your vision of your dream house come true.