Does your home’s walls have cracks? They may need a PU injection. Here’s why.
Foundation walls show signs of cracking all the time. They don’t indicate emergencies. But, if they’re left unaddressed, homeowners can expect to face bigger problems like leakage or wall shrinkages. Property owners feel obliged to invest in repairs since these threats are visible and cause significant damage to homes.
But the smart thing to do is to repair wall cracks long before they turn into bigger problems. Homeowners must find long-lasting solutions that prevent cracks from reappearing on their walls. Waterproofing, also known as PU grouting, is one such long-lasting solution.
Here’s why your home’s walls may need a PU injection –
What are Polyurethane Crack Injections?
Polyurethane injection is a widely used waterproofing technique in the construction industry. It involves the injection of a fluid resin called polyurethane into crack walls. Post-injection, water leakage through cracks in the concrete walls stops. The polyurethane crack injection repair solution is very popular amongst homeowners as it’s very low cost.
Water leakage issues can be immediately addressed with a PU injection because these repair processes don’t require too much curing time. Polyurethane is ideal for filling in non-structural cracks (e.g., vertical or diagonal cracks) as it has a very low viscosity. It can expand and take over tiny cracks very easily. The tight seals that polyurethane forms inside these cracks prevent further leakage.
Surprising, after a PU injection, polyurethane will retain its flexibility. It can wiggle inside tight concrete structures while keeping all the gaps sealed. Repair experts typically use electric injection pumps to fill the cracks in concrete walls with activated polyurethane.
Why Concrete Repair Experts Recommend Polyurethane Crack Injections?
The polyurethane crack injection repair method is the most recommended waterproofing process because of various reasons –
- Giving your wall a polyurethane crack injection will make it more resilient against external damages. This versatile resin is constantly used to coat, repair, and insulate concrete walls.
- A high-quality polyurethane crack injection can make any concrete structure extremely resilient to external damages. The strong adhesive protects the concrete structures from building movements, sunlight exposure, and moisture damage. These injections are ideal for cracked concrete walls on roofs and balconies.
- PU injection repair is time and cost-effective. The fast-drying polyurethane immediately seals all small cracks on concrete surfaces. The process is cost-effective so keeping construction costs low also becomes easier for repair experts.
- After your concrete walls have received a high-quality polyurethane crack injection, you’ll no longer need to maintain the walls.
- A polyurethane crack injection will flush out all the impurities present in the crack; then, the fluid resin material will expand and fill the voids within the foundation wall’s width.
- If water comes in contact with polyurethane, it accelerates the curing process. That’s why these injections are widely used in repair projects that involve moisture-damaged concrete walls.
Do Your Walls Need PU Injections?
If your home has a bad drainage system or if the walls in your home aren’t well-maintained, cracks are guaranteed to appear on them. This is especially true for concrete walls and floors in damp areas like basements or balconies. A timely PU injection will waterproof these walls from all types of moisture damage.